Friday 7 August 2015

Quilt Festival 2015

It was a lovely day out at the Quilt Festival held in the NEC, one day is not enough time to get around it all, there are quilts from all round the world on display as well as lots of stands selling goodies, everything from fabric to pins and much much more.















 This just a very small selection of some of the wonderful items on display.
I didn't buy a lot this time a couple of books, sewing needles a lovely kit to do a Christmas wreath and few bits of fabric, I always take my shopping trolley to events like this to save having endless bags and usually my trolley is bulging but this time my purchases sat sadly on the bottom, there was a lot of things I could of bought but was sensible this time, I have so much stash I really need to make an impact on it before buying more :-)

4 comments:

  1. My favourite was that first quilt. Stunning detail. SO much talent there. British quilters really have caught up with American ones now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the first one too, there was so much detail, the photo didnt really do it justice :-)

      Delete
  2. I've been today for the very first time and thoroughly enjoyed it, took my Mom with me, we came home with a Sissex (?) die cutter (Mom), a really good overhead light for me, some new templates (me) and we've both brought some fat quarters. Some of the sewing machines there are brilliant aren't they? We're only learners and dabbler's in patchwork, but hoping to get better at it - I think it's the sort of place where you could easily spend an awful lot of money - looks like you had a good day too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over the years I have spent lots of money at these events this time I was more controlled :-)

      Delete