Friday 8 January 2016

A Make For A Swap

I am part of a craft group on face book and I signed up for there swap
Its only a small group that suits me.
I have just sent off my swap for this month.



I made a pin cushion and scissor case, the embroidery was done on my machine

Have to get my thinking cap on for next month now.

Also the group is running a craft challenge, find a new craft to do in the new year
 I have decided to have a go at Bavarian Crochet, I have had the book for some time and never got round to trying it, I have looked out some cotton yarn and have my hook at the ready to make a start tonight.
 My machine knitting magazine arrived today, its the last issue in my subscription,
I am not re-newing, I enjoy the magazine but decided to try a different magazine
 We don't have a UK machine embroidery magazine, I have found two in USA I have set up a short subscription for both of them so I can see which I prefer, they both arrived this week.
I might just do one for a year then switch to the other, I used to stock an Australian one in the shop,
Its a shame we don't have a UK one, but machine embroidery is big business overseas and the market is still small in the UK.
Perhaps one day we might have one.

2 comments:

  1. Swapping is great fun isn't it. The Bavarian Crochet looks fiendishly difficult, but I will enjoy hearing about it and seeing it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn

    I like the look of the crochet I think there might be some tutorials on Pinterest for a similar stitch. I love the effect.

    My cousin does an awful lot of machine embroidery and she uses a company called Urban Threads - I think they have a link on Facebook as well and she reckons they are one of the cheaper suppliers. Many years ago she used to work for a company that used to make lots of embroidered bits and bobs on an industrial size and that piqued her interest in machine embroidery. http://www.urbanthreads.com/ is the link to go to to have a look but I think you have to register with the site. I hope it helps.

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete